Since version 1.4 of the EPD Premium Pack extension, we have introduced the Notices feature. The notices feature enables you to configure notices that will be displayed within demo sites. These may include informational messages to help your demo users navigate and use the product(s) on demo, or they can be used to upsell products relating to your demo.
Any number of notices can be configured, and you can choose to display them within the website admin, on the front end of the demo website, or both. You also choose the time frame after which the demo was created, that each notice is displayed.
It is also possible to define specific notices to be displayed within demo templates.
To create a new notice, or edit an existing one, log in to your multi site network admin;
- Navigate to Settings -> Easy Plugin Demo
- Click the Premium Features tab and, if necessary, the Notices sub section link
- Existing notices are displayed here in a table format. To add a new notice, click Add Notice. To edit an existing notice, click the relevant Edit link
- Give your notice a name. This name is only visible to admins an so should be something that easily allows you to identify the notice
- Check the option to enable the notice
- Select from the drop down to determine where the notice should be displayed
- Enter the amount of time in seconds after the demo site has been created, that the notice should be displayed
- Select your preferred colours for the notice
- Enter your notice text. This is the text that will be displayed within the notice to your customers. HTML is allowed, as are template tags and images
- Click to Save Notice
Your new notice will now be displayed as configured for all new demo sites created for your customers.
Demo Template Notices
If you have demo templates configured, the notices you have configured are not automatically displayed when a demo site is created from these templates. You can however choose which notices will be displayed for each template. This allows you to create notices for different products and ensure that they are only displayed when those products are active within the demo environment.
Select which notices are enabled for a demo template by logging into the admin of your primary site.
- Click the Demos link from the menu
- Edit the demo for which you want to configure notices and scroll down to the Notices section
- Click to enable each notice you wish to be displayed for the demo template
- Click to Update the Demo Template